Yesterday was our getting ready for school day. Grant and I went to the grocery store so he could choose his lunches for the week. Then we came home, packed up all the snack bags and made a sign for my cheesy first day pictures. (Roger was so embarrassed!) First day clothes were chosen, backpack packed up, and checklist rechecked. He has been so nervous and excited, I tried to give him something else to concentrate on. Thankfully we got the kids to bed super early and I think he got a good night sleep.
The mornings are going to be hectic. If we walk to school, we have to leave around 7. UGH. And for those that know me, you know I am NOT a morning person. The kids were up bright and early though - at 5:30. (Double UGH!)
No nerves this morning - all excitement.
Such a cheesy smile. And then the scrunched up shoulders. :-) Oh well. Shows his excitement! :-)
There were ants all over the walk this morning. Beckett said something about being afraid (don't know why...), so Grant grabbed his hand to "protect" him. Pretty cute. I think they are going to miss each other!
Love this one.
Name tag, check.
Hugs all around. These are blurry because it was fast and I was on the verge of losing it. I heard that counting helps keep the tears at bay - engages the left side of your brain. I think I was on 54 at this point. :-)
Waiting for Mrs. Schneider to lead him in.
One last smile.
And to leave you with a big smile - here's Beckett. It was a humid walk and so when we got home he stripped down to his boxers and crashed on the couch. Classic.
On the way home Beckett said, "I'm glad Grant is starting school." When Roger and I asked him why, he responded, "Because I need some space." And I agree. I think that the time apart is going to do them a world of good. Most of the time they get along really well. But this summer, they definitely discovered each others buttons (and mine as well). And every day, they thoroughly enjoyed pushing and pushing and pushing those buttons.
Beckett and I head to his preschool tomorrow. I have training and classroom prep for the next 2 weeks and then he starts school on September 9th.
Looks like a great day! Tell roger he will cherish that sign in 12 years!
ReplyDelete