Family Photo

Family Photo

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Oh Beckett.....

Last week we checked out a new pool in Round Rock. There were 2 main attractions for my kiddos - the lazy river and 2 BIG slides. Unfortunately you have to be 48" to go down the slides, so Beckett didn't make the cut. He was OK with that though - he LOVED the lazy river.

I was a bit nervous for Grant on the slides. They were by FAR the tallest and longest he has ever experienced. He was by himself, surrounded by much older kids. I waited at the bottom, and waited and waited. One slide had kid after kid coming down and the other, nothing. I started to worry that he was scared and just sitting somewhere on the slide or sitting at the top. Right as I was about to climb the stairs, here he comes. He slides out the end with a HUGE smile on his face. He looks at me and says - THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!! Whew.

Like I said, Beckett loved the lazy river. He is a decent swimmer and the water wasn't deep, so I wasn't concerned. I sat nearby and kept checking for him. Well...I see a life guard in the water lifting Beckett out. I go running over - terrified that he had been stuck under the water. BECKETT, are you OK? The lifeguard is telling her 2 supervisors that she saved him, he was asking for help. I look at Beck, are you OK? Yea mom - I couldn't grab an innertube and I needed help grabbing one. Whew - OK. I fill out the paperwork and off we go.

An hour later, I put Beckett into another innertube and tell him to stay put. OK mom! Next thing I know, another lifeguard is lifting him out of the water. Again, run over. Beckett, are you OK? Mam - your son is a safety risk and he needs to wear a lifevest. OK...Beckett are you OK? Yea mom, I was playing Rescue Heroes with Grant and I wanted him to rescue me. UGH. Beck, you can't do that! At that point, I packed up and we left. I think that we are banned. :-)

Here are some pics from the lazy river.



 Pure joy. :-)



These are from our neighborhood pool. We were on our way out and I couldn't resist getting a pic of the shades and Super Soakers. And yes, their towels from way back. :-) I couldn't decide which one I liked best, so I posted all 4. :-)



 LOVE Grant's face in this one!


 And here's Beckett! Such a goof ball sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment