Grant's first day is August 26th. We have an orientation next week and then an open house the next. I think Grant has been counting down the days since the end of school in May. He is SO EXCITED to be in Kindergarten. We were fortunate to find a playgroup set up of kids that will be attending Kinder in the fall. Since their school is a neighborhood school, most of the kids live within walking distance of our house. We have already made some good friends from this group and look forward to meeting even more.
Beckett will be attending preschool 3 days a week this year (MWF). I have taken a part time aide position with his school. I will be working between a 3 and 5 classrooms on MW. I think that it's going to be a big adjustment since my last job was with moody teens. But I guess a temper tantrum is a temper tantrum at any age. Right? Fridays will be my errand/relax day.
So we have been rounding out our summer trying to beat the unbelievable heat. We are in the 100s pretty much every day. I really think that it's even too hot to go to the pool. But the kids need to burn off their energy, so a trip to the pool seems to be on the agenda most days.
Anyway, the kids continue to entertain and frustrate. Beckett is truly his own person...as you will see in some of the following pictures. As my mom says, "he's his own verb." A friend just recently commented on his "walking with purpose" wherever he goes. I have read several 2nd/last child personality descriptions and they are pretty accurate for Beck-a-boo.
Grant is also his own person, but in a totally different way than Beck. He has confidence oozing out of his pores and an unending love of learning. A recent quote from Grant. We were watching America's Got Talent and he turns to me and says,
"Mom, I wouldn't care if America didn't vote for me. I would just keep doing my talent. Magic and dancing...it's what I do."
During our weekly trips to the library, Grant always hits the non-fiction section looking for books on magic and knights. He is very proud of discovering new things he can do - i.e. he can reach things in the top cabinet now and his list of chores is a bit longer than Beckett's.
Here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks.
We love the Lowes Build and Grow workshops. Every other Saturday the boys get to put on their aprons, grab a hammer and go to town. This one we built the remote control car from Toy Story.
One of our ways to cool off is to jump in the bath. They were amazed that they still fit in the tub together. :-)
We love the Dollar Store. As Grant says...MOM, everything is just a dollar! These sunglasses were our latest find.
Guys - try and look tough. I think Beckett has it down.
Grant's new kicks. We hit Kohls with coupons and free $10 gift cards. So I was able to purchase these and 6 pairs of socks for $7! WOO-HOO! I love a good deal!
Beckett has decided that he prefers to wear 2 different shoes. His favorite is one green Croc and one blue Croc. Today he mixed it up. Aahh...that kid. :-)
Today Grant's Kinder playgroup made tie dye shirts to wear to their open house in a couple of weeks. Makes it easier to see who you have already met. Anyway, we took his shirt off because I knew it would get stained and thankfully I did because the reg bottle squirted sideways. His belly was splattered with red and his belly button got a straight shot. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment