Family Photo

Family Photo

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Difficult Morning Turned Into Fun Day

My wake up call this morning at 5:30 am
Beck - MOM. It wasn't me...it was Grant!
Mom - What? Wait? When did you get up? What are you talking about?
Beck - Grant stuck something in the fan. I turned it off because you aren't supposed to do that.
Grant comes running in the room
Grant - MOM, it wasn't me. It was him! Don't believe him! I really didn't do it!

UGH! It's going to be a LONG day.

So, I packed everyone up and we were out the door at 8:30.

First stop - a park in Georgetown I have been meaning to find. Lo and behold, it's across the street from the bowling alley!

We brought Riley with us today because she is also full of energy and needs to run. Here are a couple of Riley trying to cool off.

 I forgot her water in the car, so she improvised. :-)

 Why lay on the ground when you can be comfortable on the bench?

BLUE HOLE

So the kids and I were just too hot to stay there. So I decided to head to another place I had heard about - Blue Hole on the San Gabriel River. They dammed up part of the river and made a nice swimming area. When we first arrived I was really concerned for the moss on the rocks. SO SLIPPERY! I worried about the kids slipping into the water. I worried about the kids hitting their heads. 
And then, after our snack and water break, I got a good look at the drop off behind us. WHAT!?!? How did I not see that? SO, I crossed my fingers, said a quick prayer, and let the kids play. They had a blast. 
When we first arrived, the kids were a bit timid. Grant kept saying, "I don't know how to do this." Then I overheard Beckett saying "Come on Beckett. You can do this. Come on Beckett." So funny. 

 Kids climbing up to the small waterfall.

 Grant at the bottom of the falls.

 Kids getting ready to slide down.



 Riley in her own little pool.

 Kids climbing the water fall again.

 Trying to get a good one of them together. 

 I think this is the winner.


 I love this one too. Grant looking at the camera - classic!



 Another cute one. Grant's idea to get them sliding out of the water.

 I thought this one was cool. Grant looks like he's walking on water. 




 These 2 are such a pair. Beckett loves Riley and Riley loves Beckett. Not the exact shots I was hoping for, but cute nonetheless.





Here is a video of the kids jumping. Grant's trying to perfect his flips. Another example of them making me a nervous wreck!



Here are a couple from this week. 

 We are so lucky to have met the Ridgeway family. Katy, the mom, and I are becoming good friends. Jud and Grant are both going into Kindergarten, hoping to be in the same class. Luke, Katy's oldest is almost 9 and then there's Beckett. The 4 of these guys are quite a site and always have a great tie together. (That's Katy behind Beckett. He wasn't too steady on the railing.)

During our most recent trip to Costco, the boys each grabbed an extra box. It has become their movie/show watching box. Nothing like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment