Family Photo

Family Photo

Monday, September 2, 2013

First Week Down.....

Whew. We made it through the first week and let me tell you, we are all wiped out.

Grant LOVES school. I don't think there is one thing yet that he has been hesitant about. Which is good because getting the kids out the door by 7am is hard and would be even harder if he didn't want to go.

Beckett and I spent the week at his preschool. He has been going to his "playdate" - babysitting with other teacher's kiddos. It's an interesting mix of ages in there, so I am relieved he's enjoying it. I even got an amazing report from his babysitter the other day. When I was picking him up at the end of the day she said that "Beckett is the most polite, friendly little boy. So much so that he really stands out in this group." Sigh. As I told Beckett, that filled my bucket right up!

For the first day of school, Beckett and I baked some cupcakes. And did you know that if you put a Hershey's Kiss in the middle of a cupcake that has baked for 5 minutes, the Kiss will sink into the middle of the cupcake as it continues to bake. Amazing! A friend said she did it with a Reeces Cup too. Mmmm.....maybe next time!


 Here is Beckett watching the Kisses and giving me a blow by blow as the Kisses sink in. He was yelling at the ones that weren't sinking as fast as the others.

 At pick up on the first day.

 I wish I could say this was - Grant I missed you so much! Unfortunately, I think he's saying, I still need more space. :-)

Grant picks out his outfit everyday and then says, look how handsome I am. :-) So, of course, I had to take a picture of this handsome guy. That's his classroom over his shoulder.

 First artwork I found on the wall.

 Lunch with Beckett.

Self imposed Mohawk Friday!

It's still incredibly hot in Austin. So Labor Day weekend we tried to fill with indoor activities. So we hit our favorite bowling alley again. Here are a couple of pics and a video of the bowling craziness.










And here's the video.



No comments:

Post a Comment