Family Photo

Family Photo

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Our Busy Bee

Welcome to the Busy Bees!

This week was Beckett's first week of school. I wish I could say it was full of smooth sailing. Beckett is our rule tester and our little man with a mind of his own. His poor teacher - I think his class is full of little rule testers. So, as he told me the other day "my day wasn't perfect." I am hopeful that he will settle in and begin to enjoy school.

This was also my first week of my regular work schedule. I am going to struggle being just an aide - I am constantly wanting to jump in with ideas. One of the teachers I work with is more open to ideas than the other. And so, like Beckett, I am going to have to learn to settle in and just do my job. UGH. Now I know why people are always saying you shouldn't accept a job for which you are overqualified. "I am just here to clean the mats."

Our weather is still in the 90s. I am so ready for fall to hit Austin. The combination of heat, busy schedules and allergies are really taking their toll on the Simmons family. Something has to break soon! I am hoping it's the weather!

Here are some pictures from Beckett's first day.

 Oh, well I had to throw this one in. This was last week on our way to drop Grant at Kindergarten. Gotta love costumes and non-matching Crocs. Way to rock drop off Beckett!


The following are when I said, just do some goofy poses for me. 
 



Grant continues to LOVE Kindergarten. He loves all the independence that comes with going to school. This week we walked him to school on Tuesday and brought Riley with us. Dogs are not allowed on school property so we walked him to the bottom of the hill and then he went the rest of the way on his own. At parent orientation that night, I found out from his teacher that he walked in to his classroom, put his hands up in the air, and announced "I walked up the hill all by myself!"

Then on Thursday I really wasn't feeling well, so we drove him to school and when I saw our good friends about to cross the crosswalk I yelled for them to stop and Grant hopped out. So that morning he walked across the crosswalk with friends and then down the block a bit and then up the hill.

So, Friday morning hits and guess what....he doesn't want me to walk him up. But this time, the crossing guards weren't out yet & there were no friends in sight. So we sat in the car and waited for the guards to come out. I offered to walk him across the street, but no, he wanted to wait. Once we saw the guard, he hopped out. He crossed at the crosswalk and then, as he was walking on the sidewalk on the other side of the street, he gave me a big smile, blew me lots of kisses, and said BYE MOM! Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment