To help with registration, I signed the 3 of us up to give tours of Parkside. Beckett was into it for about the first 45 minutes or so, then he was done. Grant however enjoyed every minute of it. He was quite the tour guide. As we went down the hallways, he pointed out the classrooms, explaining what each class was. Once we hit the Kindergarten wing, he talked about the neighborhood area and what happened there. One of the parents asked if he was really in Kinder....very impressed with his maturity and presentation. I was so proud of him.
Meanwhile I was also chasing down Beckett. :-) He liked seeing some of the kids he has already met through the playgroup that we are doing. Mostly he was tired and just ready to go home. It was a LONG day. At school at 7:45 and not home till 5:45. UGH! Definitely made me glad I am not going back into school counseling quite yet.
Beckett took some photos while we were working at the table.
Oh look, there are some people coming to register. Beckett I need my phone back.....
And you need to listen Beckett. ONE....
TWO.....
And then I got my phone back. :-)
One of the best things we did to help Grant get ready for Kindergarten was a playgroup last summer. So this summer I am organizing it for Beckett's class. Right now we are getting together about once a month. Meeting at local parks for a couple of hours so the kids can play and the moms can chat. :-) This summer I have planned something every 2 weeks or so. It's been fun meeting the kids and moms. I know that both my and Grant's closest friends are those we mett through Grant's group so I am looking forward to getting to know this group too.
No comments:
Post a Comment