Family Photo

Family Photo

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Very Busy Wednesday

Today I had a preview of what our lives will be like when the kids are older. We are adament about the boys not doing any sports this year and that we are home by 5:00 for down time, dinner, baths, and bed by 7:30. Tonight was a different story.

Beckett's school hosted a Dad's and Desserts. Beckett was so excited to get to spend time with just Roger. After I vetoed his Darth Vadar costume, he decided to be "fancy" instead. I wish I had a hidden camera in their bedroom. Grant helped Beckett pick out his clothes, put on his tie and make sure everything looked good. They made me close my eyes so I couldn't see him until everything was just right. :-) I almost teared up when I saw him - he was so proud and so big. The event began at 6:30 and lasted for about an hour. Roger and Beck were able to decorate a kite and feast on brownies and ice cream. :-) I had to go to help out and meet my students, so Grant went with a friend for a night of fun all his own.

 Here he is - all ready to go. :-)


 Let the decorating begin. His kite was an epic battle complete with ninjas...of course. :-)

 Time to test it out.

Gotta love the Vadar cape. He had to have some part of the costume on. :-)



Grant's night was a preview of things to come. He went to flag football practice with our good friends the Ridgeways. Grant is in Kindergarten with their youngest son Jud. Their oldest is in 3rd grade. All the boys were beyond excited about this night. So cute.
When they arrived at the practice, they found out that one of the players didn't show so Grant was asked to step in. I can't even imagine how excited he was about this. :-) Katy was sweet enough to send me some pictures of the experience, so here you go.

 But before those pictures, here are some of Jud and Grant as we were leaving school. They held hands all the way to the car and chatted away about the practice that night. :-)








So after getting to bed an hour later than normal, they dragged themselves out of bed at 7:00 and grumbled all the way to school. So, yep...still waiting to sign them up for sports. But when we do - what fun we will have! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment