The weather is beginning to be more Christmaslike, but luckily for me, I think that we have one more warm weekend this weekend. We still have a few lights to hang outside. Grant and I decorated inside last weekend and the tree is going up this weekend. Beckett is still trying to figure it all out. He asks almost every day to go trick or treating.
Grant LOVES school and can't wait to go back each week. Grant's classroom is well organized and seems to be a fun learning environment - so far they have had hat day for "h" week, pj day, and turkey races. Mid-December is his Christmas Sing-A-Long. His class is singing Santa Claus is Coming to Town and Mary Had A Baby. Each has little movements and so far he only knows the moves and only a few of the words. Should be entertaining.
Funny Beckett story. Everyday he impresses us with his verbal skills...he talks more than some 3 year olds I know. The other day he saw a lollypop on the counter and here is the conversation that followed:
B - Can I have that lollypop?
R - Not now, mom said you can have it when you go to the store.
B - Can I have a little taste of that lollypop?
R - No, you need to wait.
B - Can I have a little lick?
R - (Laughing) No, you need to wait.
B - Can I hold it?
R - No.
B - Can I put it in my pocket (holds out his pocket).
R - No Beck...you can have it later.
Roger gets ready to go back to work. Beckett gives him a kiss goodbye.
B - Daddy, I gave you a kiss...now can I have the lollypop?
Grant is always exhausted after school and we are trying out "no nap days" to help us with the night time routine. He also LOVES his Batman costume. So here he is zoned out in front of the TV in his costume. :-)
This is another of his favorite outfits - some kind of fireman superhero I guess. And yes, those are Spiderman swimming goggles. :-)
The boys exploring the woods Thanksgiving weekend.
Grant's most recent picture...maybe he's a future photographer.
Tonight we went to a gingerbread house building activity at the YMCA. The kids had a great time, Santa even made an appearance. As you can see, I've never made a gingerbread house before. So smearing the icing all over seemed like a great idea. Then I looked around and saw some very nicely designed houses. Oh well...every bite of ours will have icing and candy. :-) Our roof is already caving in because Beckett spilled water on one of the roof pieces. Not sure it will make it through the night.
Sorry. I can't get this one to flip around...
Santa might be short lived with our little investigator. Tonight he saw Santa come in and he said "Mom, that's not the real Santa." When I asked how he knows that, he said, "Look at his belt, that's not Santa's belt." I will give him, that the Santa was not great, but REALLY? Roger said that we should probably avoid "cheesy" Christmas events...I mean really, he's only 4 and he's already noticing these things?!? Geez.
Beckett wouldn't go near him....well, actually he did give him a high five, but wouldn't hand over his mint that he originally said he wanted to give to Santa.
Beckett wouldn't go near him....well, actually he did give him a high five, but wouldn't hand over his mint that he originally said he wanted to give to Santa.
Roger proud of his finished product.
Notice the green icing on his chin - I had just stopped him from sucking it out of the package.
The concentration is palpable.
We hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas season. We are busy getting ready. Luckily almost all of our shopping is done. Whew. We head to Texas on the 26th!
Christmas cards will be in the mail soon - Love, JRG&B
Christmas cards will be in the mail soon - Love, JRG&B
No comments:
Post a Comment