Family Photo

Family Photo

Saturday, December 24, 2011

2 SHOES!

How different can 2 kids be? Here is an example.

We were getting ready to leave the other day. After Beckett (FINALLY) was dressed, I asked him to go and get his shoes. He came back with one blue shoe and one white shoe. I said, "Beck, these are 2 different shoes." He responded "I know." OK, whatever, we need to go. So Beckett left the house in the following outfit - a lime green NERDS shirt (his pjs from the night before, he wouldn't take it off), covered by his black Spiderman shirt, black running pants, and one blue shoe and one white shoe. He was VERY pleased with himself - kept saying "2 shoes!". And Grant would respond with "Beck - your shoes don't match. Your shoes are supposed to match."

Another example. Grant and I were doing one of his Christmas ornament kits. This one was a mosaic of sorts made from tiny pieces of colored foam. Basically, you match the color with the number on the ornament. So, the ornament was of a penguin with a snow hat. On top of the hat was a little spot for a piece of foam - the ball on top basically. Grant had already placed the correct color foam there - white. I noticed that we had extra silver so I suggested that we use silver to make it a bit more snazzy. Grant's response was as follows:

G - Why? Is the number 4? (4 was for silver)
M - No, it's 3 (3 is for white). But I thought it would look nice.
G- But Mom, that's not what the number is. That's not following the rules.
M - True, but don't you think that silver might look nice.
G - No mom, it's number 3, not 4. You aren't following the rules.

Classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment