Family Photo

Family Photo

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Very Cold Soccer Saturday

This week's game occured on one of the coldest mornings thus far. Not only was it only about 45, but it was also windy. Lovely.

Grant had quite the cheering section this week. Grandma and Papa drove down from Ft Wayne with Roger's brother Matt and his 2 kids, Gabriella and Preston. Grant's friend Isaac also came with his mom. I think that his cheering section was a bit distracting. He didn't play as well this week. No goals this week, but as I told him, sometimes you have super defensive days. He did make a few good saves in front of the goal. His team is working on passing the ball instead of dribbling it down the field alone. A very foreign concept to 3 and 4 year olds.

Beckett definitely enjoyed having lots of people to play with. He bounced from rolling trucks on a grate with Uncle Matt and Cousin Preston, to sitting in Papa's lap, to running around with Isaac.

Only a couple of games left and then the big end of season ceremony. Should be interesting! :-)

 Beckett ready to cheer Grant on, soccer gloves and all. :-) Love the $ store.

 Grant warming up before the game. I thought he looked cute in his hat and gloves.

 Still working on his jumping jacks.

 The team ran some laps before the game. He must be concentrating since his tongue is out.

 Grant leading the laps.

 Thought I would try and get some pics of Beckett and me.



 I like this one.

 Beckett and Isaac.

Beckett and Papa.

Video of the game. Love the tunnel at the end...especially the surprise participant at the end. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment