Family Photo

Family Photo

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Howdy Y'all!

I am excited to tell you that the Simmons' clan is all safe in Texas. It was a whirlwind process...here are some of the highlights.

My parents came up on March 18 to help get everything ready. The boys flew to Corpus with them on the 24th. Roger and I were supposed to close on the house and leave the next day. However Mother Nature decided to give Indiana one more snow storm...so we were delayed a day.

We arrived in Austin on Wednesday. After a couple of days looking at houses in the area, I am excited to report that we found a great house in a beautiful neighborhood in a northern suburb of Austin. Our closing date is May 10th.

So until May 10th, the kids and I are in Rockport with my parents and Roger is working in Austin. He is planning to come down this weekend and the kids and I are going up there next weekend. It's hard being apart - Grant especially misses Roger terribly. But all in all, we are doing well and are excited for this big adventure.

Here are some videos that we have taken since arriving in Texas.

This first one is Grant doing a commercial for a toy called Capsella. Capsella was Josh's favorite toy for years, so Cap is very excited to be doing it with Grant. After watching these, I think Grant has a future on QVC. :-)


Over the past few days, Grant has been making videos like crazy. Most of them are tours of the house and the yard and then back again. So I cut out these clips. The first is Beck jumping off the diving board and then the last 2 clips are very sweet - Grant talking to Roger.



The kids LOVE playing basketball. The other night, my mom and I noticed Beckett. He has a routine that he goes through everytime he shoots. Dribble...stick out the tongue....spin the ball a few times....shoot. It's so cute! Grant is getting really good at over the head shots.



Riley was very excited about the 8" of snow. 


Roger shoveling the walk and getting ready to shovel the driveway so that UHaul can pick up our PODS.


Oops - this one was too heavy. (Notice the back wheel off the ground).


All loaded up and ready to go!


Poor Riley, she was sure we were heading to a great park. No sweetie - we have 10 hours ahead of us and Texarkana is the destination.


This is a house that is for sale in Cedar Park...one of the suburbs we looked at. Couldn't resist taking a picture. Drawbridge? Check! Turretts? Check! Big imposing front door? Check! I can't imagine the boys reaction!


 Riley was so excited to finally be co-pilot! The roads from Austin to Rockport go from 80 mph to 40 mph. Everytime we slowed down, she hopped up and looked at me as if sayting....roll down the window! Roll down the window!!


Grant found a bandana and wanted to put it on like a pirate. I was busy so he said, I will figure it out myself! UM, more like a Russian babooshka! 


Today we went to pretty much the only park in Rockport. There is a great climbing area and the boys went nuts. Climbing as high as possible and, learning from other kids there, started vaulting the rocks.







And finally, here is a video the boys made for Macie and Cap of them vaulting and doing tricks at the park.


No comments:

Post a Comment