Our first stop was a preschool. I researched schools while we were in Indiana and this one impressed me and so it has been on my list as a school for Beckett for next year. But last week, Grant was especially sad about not having any kids to play with and so Roger and I decided to send both oth them for the month of May. So, both Beckett and Grant will be starting school next Tuesday and will go 3 days a week. Their last day is the end of May; I am hoping that we will all benefit from getting back on schedule and getting a break from each other. We are supposed to close on the house May 10th, so I am looking forward to the time so I can unpack and get settled before summer starts.
After visiting the school, we headed out to find a new park. So far the parks in Cedar Park are great. Here are some pictures from Milburn Park. There is a fabulous pool, a great playground and a BMX dirt trail in the back of the park. As you will see in the video, the kids climbed, spun around and ran all over the hills...all in all, had a great time.
Here are some pictures of the kids on a spinny thing...really no other way to describe it. The kids loved playing on this. There was a platform in the middle that they stood on and as they moved their weight around it would spin around...faster and faster. Very fun. :-)
Roger's apartment has a pool that's just across the parking lot. Here are some great pictures of the kids jumping into the pool. They have made quite the impression on the other residents. One mom came up to me and said she couldn't believe I had such daredevils! Their favorite activity - running all around the landscaping and then jumping into the pool. Oh, and I forgot to mention, the water is about 70 degrees. FREEZING COLD!
Saturday night we decided to check out the Austin Metro. We took the train downtown and then looked for a place to get dinner. The kids LOVED the train and we found a fun BBQ place on a creek. Nothing like picnic tables, red and white check tablecloths, paper plates and tea to let you know you are having true Texas BBQ! :-)
Sunday morning was bright and sunny so we headed out to another park. This time we went to Round Rock and checked out the Play for All park. All the features of this park are handicapped accessible. The planners did an amazing job. It really was unlike any park I had ever seen.
As you will see in the video, there is a town complete with a grocery store, library and school. Each of the buildings has posters full of information on what happens in each of the buildings. There is also a road that goes around all the buildings with stop lights, cross walks, and speed limit signs. Next time we will definitely bring the kids bikes.
And finally, Sunday afternoon, Grant lost his other front tooth. It really hung in there for a LONG time. So now he has a big toothless grin that is just too cute. I will try and get a better picture later. Unfortunately, the gap has made his usually messy eating unbearable. I can't believe how much food he loses in that 1 inch hole!
Enjoying book time with Daddy one last time before we head back to Rockport.
No comments:
Post a Comment