Hopefully everyone reading this knows - WE ARE MOVING TO AUSTIN, TEXAS!
Roger accepted the job about a month ago, so the craziness began. We met with a couple of realtors and, of course they recommended we paint and do some other improvements. We thought that the work would be done in about a week (ambitious yes, but we thought doable). Well, we weren't quite done and thus the house went on the market without kitchen counters and the upstairs bath completely blocked off. Oh well. We finished by that weekend. Once the house was all put together, we had an offer within 2 days! So we are under contract, set to close on 3/25.
We began looking at houses in Austin, but like the market here, all the good houses are selling in just a few days. So we are just going to wait until we get down there. Right now we are concentrating on eliminating areas and fine tuning neighborhoods we want to concentrate on.
The boys are excited about the move. We have a countdown on the fridge and as of this morning we are at 15 days and counting.
So I do apologize that my last update was so long ago. I really feel like I haven't been able to breathe lately!
Funny story from the other night:
We were finishing up with dinner and Beckett made the announcement that he knows everything. So of course Grant said "oh yea..." Grant's first test was "What's one million plus one?" I whispered the answer in Beckett's ear. Grant said NO HELPING! and came up with another question - "What's 16 plus 2?" Beckett put on his thoughtful face and then said "18." We were shocked! It turns out it was a lucky guess because the question was asked again a couple of minutes later and he got it wrong. Still, Beckett managed to shock us all for just a moment. :-)
I don't have too many pictures, but here are a few. I will try to get more in the upcoming weeks.
On Valentine's Day, the kids and I flew to DC to celebrate Connie's 60th birthday. The Farrell clan put on a huge party and we had a great time. Since we were flying on Valentine's Day, and the kids missed their parties at school, I decided to make up Valentine's bags to hand out at the airport. (Oh yea, I was also trying to keep the kids occupied because we also had the carpet installer at the house, I was trying to finish up painting the trim, and I needed to finish packing...all before our 1130 departure for the airport. That was a CRAZY DAY!) Anyway, we made lots of people's day as we went through the airport and handed out the bags. We saved 2 for the pilots. As a reward, the kids were able to go up into the cockpit. I think they were both a bit overwhelmed. I was shocked since we were on a flight into DC National airport!
My mom's cousin Collette came to the party with her son Michael. He's 7 and the kids hit it off right away.
The kids had crazy hair day at school last week. With a little Bed Head Manipulator, and the fact that they both needed hair cuts...we came up with some pretty crazy dos. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment