Family Photo

Family Photo

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Roger's Surgery

Back in February, while Beckett was on crutches, Roger came home from a neighborhood basketball game with a severely swollen ankle. About a month later, he finally went in for x-rays - no broken bones - so he just figured it was sprained.

In April he went on a trip to San Francisco. The trip required a lot of walking and he called me one night and said that he was in agony and it had to be more than just a sprain. So he finally went in to get it seriously looked at.

After an MRI, they discovered that he had broken off a 5cm piece of cartilage and torn 2-3 tendons....he needed surgery.

So here we are, with another member of the family on crutches. He has the crutches for 4 weeks and then will be in a walking boot for 4-6 weeks.

I completely underestimated how painful this was going to be.....and how disruptive to our everyday schedule.

 Living the dream - cruising WalMart in one of the power scooters.....you know you want to! BEEEP....BEEEEP...BEEEEP!


UGH. I wasn't sure I would make it through the appointment - I am very squeemish....

No comments:

Post a Comment