Family Photo

Family Photo

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend

I can't believe December is here and Christmas is right around the corner! Nuts I tell ya...Nuts!

We had a very nice visit with Angi and Roger over Thanksgiving. They left Alaska and are wintering over in Vegas (smart I tell ya!) So they braved our big arctic front and drove down for the weekend. We had a nice time hanging with the kids, reading books, playing games, cooking, cooking and then cooking some more. :-) The kids never did get a grasp on why everyone was making such a big deal about Thanksgiving, but I guess after all the hype, turkey and stuffing isn't too exciting...bring on Christmas!

 Beckett and Roger reading his favorite book - not sure the title but it's alphabetized list of every truck you can imagine. As he says, I LOVE TRUCKS!

 Now it's time for the funnies.

Beckett helping out with the stuffing. I have very fond memories of doing this with Nana at the farmhouse. :-)

We took advantage of Angi and Roger being here and went to a park to get some pictures of everyone. I am saving some of the best for Christmas cards (out soon...) but here are a few others. We really got some cute ones of the boys.



We started off this little session under the willow just saying smile at the camera. Well, the smiles were just horrible and staged. So I told them to start tickling each other (one of their favorite past times.) I just kept taking pictures. :-)


 I love this one. I can hear their laughter just looking at it. :-)

 Beckett staring off and pondering. Not sure what this one was all about. One of the perks of taking pictures non-stop. 


 We could not get Beckett too look at the camera or anywhere near it. The sun was right behind Angi so he refused to look that way. Oh well. Not too bad I guess.

Grandma and the boys.


The boys and their Papa.

 Running! Running! Running! - yes the title of the blog still fits our lives to a tee. :-)

 Gotta love the tongue action!

 I love this one of Roger and Beckett. :-)


 Pure joy. :-) He just loves being outside in the open fields.

For Thanksgiving we had a special breakfast - pumpkin pancakes with bacon - in the shape of a turkey of course. :-) I have to say, all I did was show Grant a picture and he did the rest. Good job Bub! He made everyone's plate up for me.


This video is a bit out of order, but it's already uploaded. :-)

Our internet and cable went out Monday night. It's been tough. :-) And then this particular night Roger was running late from work. Anyway, I popped in my new favorite cd - Luke Bryan Rocks! The kids love this song in particular and so they danced and danced and danced. I lost track how many times they hit rewind.  I think this video was probably made on about number 4 or 5. As Roger said, does Grant want to be a cheerleader? :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment