Family Photo

Family Photo

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

A Year In Review

Wow. I am so embarrassed and I apologize. I cannot believe that I have not updated this blog in basically a year. That's awful. I guess working full time and 2 active boys has really kept me running.

A quick update:

I moved from the elementary level to the high school level this year. An opportunity at high school opened up in October and I jumped at the opening. I had an "in" because the lead counselor is from Alaska and actually worked with one of my former co-workers. Such a small world. So with the move up has come longer, busier days. I love my new work home and I am looking forward to experiencing a full year during the 2017-2018 school year.

Grant just finished up 3rd grade. He continues to do well in school. One of the highest compliments we received this year came when his teacher emailed me to let me know that when he finishes his work, he goes to help one of his classmates that struggles with the material. I am so proud of the mature, kind child he has become.

Beckett just finished up 2nd grade. He also continues to do well in school. He thoroughly enjoyed 2nd grade and is looking forward to 3rd grade. Beckett also continually is complemented for his kind and caring nature. There was one child in particular in his class that the other students were not nice to. Beckett took it upon himself to befriend him and made sure to include him in group projects. Beckett has such a huge heart.

In March Roger started a new job. He is now working from home! I know that we would have not survived this year without him. He helped out so much during the week - laundry, dishwasher, getting ready for soccer practice. He loves his work and travels occasionally.

And now for the pictures... :)

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL - August 2016




GRANT'S 9TH BIRTHDAY

HALLOWEEN - Grant dressed up as Harry Potter (his hair color totally threw us for a loop) and Beckett was a football player.


THANKSGIVING - We went to Vegas to see Grandma and Papa.





Christmas 2016



Flag Football

This year Beckett joined Grant at the Academy level of soccer. What does that mean? Well, he played on a larger field, had a goalie, and had refs. We also travelled around the Austin area. He absolutely loved it and took on the goalie position, just like Grant. :)



Beckett is our little artist. Love the dog with the Groucho Marx glasses - he thought of that all on his own. :)

Soccer Tournament - freezing weather, super windy, and Riley in tow. :)

Sunday walk

They are just too cool - traveling to a soccer game

3rd Grade Field Trip


EASTER EGGS


Photo album from Grandma and Papa with pics of daddy when he was little. :)

Grant had a "living museum" project this year. He was Ulysses S Grant

Car wash to raise money for Grant's soccer team - thanks to the Georgetown Police department for stopping by!

Beckett loved the pressure washer. :)

Even with a couch and chair to choose from, they frequently sit on top of each other - they really are great brothers and even better friends. :)

SWIM SEASON!! 
Both the boys moved up age groups. With that move came new races and faster times. We had a big talk with them at the beginning of the season to make sure they knew it would probably be a building year, a chance to get used to the new requirements. Well, that was not needed. In the first meet, Grant achieved state invitational time in the individual 100 yard IM and Beckett is close to the needed times in 2 or 3 races.


FIRST HEAT WINNER OF THE SEASON!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKETT!! 
What a great birthday present - his birthday was the last day of school. 


Thanks for coming up Macie and Cap!

FIRST HEAT WINNER OF THE SEASON!

Beckett's friend birthday party - love these boys. :)


More swim pictures

Doing the traditional pre-meet cheers


Giving a pre-race pep talk to his relay partner

Beckett with his pre-race face on. 

Getting a pre-race fist bump from one of our friends.


Beckett playing with his friends in their tent


Beckett at the ready bench


Grant getting ready to race - love these pictures. He said he uses his knees to make sure his goggles are in place. :) 


Grant decided he needs a double cap. :) 

Well, there is a year in one post. I hope I get more pictures up this summer. We are busy with soccer camps, swim practices and meets. Oh and we are trying to sell our house, sell our condo, and build a house. It's hectic and crazy around here but we are all doing well and are looking forward to building some great memories this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment