Both the kids arrived with some kind of sickness and after a night and morning of Grant throwing up, I took him into the Urgent Care center. The doctor diagnosed him with acute bronchitis as well as a stomach virus. Oh yea! I mentioned to the doc that my other son had the same symptoms and he was happy to set us up with 2 sets of meds.
So it appears that we are finally on the mend (although now Macie and Cap are coughing like crazy).
We arrived on Monday; Amy, Randy, Megan and Connie arrived on Wednesday; Roger arrived on Thursday. We had a nice dinner with present craziness Thursday night. Beckett, in his usual form, was being a pistol at dinner. He finished before everyone else and began pointing to each person at the table to ask if they were finished. Most were, but we were still lolly-gagging around. So, we think to hurry the process along, Beckett announced "I smell toots." We all burst into tearful laughter and he cleared all the adults from the table.
Thursday was a beautiful day so we all headed down to Cap's boat for a quick ride. Grant still wasn't 100%, so it ended up being a very quick ride. But I know that they enjoyed their first ride on Cap's big boat.
Beckett driving Cap's boat. Right after I took this picture, he told me that he needed to "go and check his engines. Be right back." Unbelievable. :-)
Grant posing on the upper deck. Side note - Cap built all that metal railing from 20 foot straight pieces - pretty impressive!
Grant peeking out on of the side windows.
Roger said Beck looks like a pensive sailor in this pic - lost something at sea.
Boat getting ready to leave the dock - kids checking out the bubbles!
The kids and I on the front deck "doofin'" around, as Beckett would say.
Not really sure what Grant is trying to do in this picture - lick my eyeball or something?
Beckett dancing with Macie during one of our many dance-a-thons.
Check out Grant's dance moves - watch out Lord of the Dance!
So Lealous you were on a boat this time of year!! I love boating! Also hope your kiddos are feeling better!
ReplyDelete